Reading to children is one of the most beneficial things that you can do for them! Children love Halloween and therefore they love to read books about Halloween! I've chosen books that promote literacy, are engaging, and contain predictable, repetitive text to help develop language and literacy skills for kids of all ages. These books have always been a favorite in my classroom and have also been on repeat in my house with my two daughters!
Amazon Associate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Here is a list of my favorite Halloween Books that you and your children will LOVE!
- Room on the Broom
- The Little Old Lady Who Wasn't Afraid of Anything (Sorry, there is no Amazon link for this one, but you can still find it on Amazon!)
These are definitely my top two Halloween books! They contain predictable, repetitive text and tell a great story that your children will love!
If your child is like mine, and loves to do something when you say "don't do it," then they will LOVE this funny and interactive book!
- Don't Push the Button
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Ghost
- Love Monster
- The Crayons Trick or Treat
- Where is Baby's Pumpkin
- Click, Clack, Boo!
- Five Little Pumpkins
- Pete the Cat: Five Little Pumpkins
- Pete the Cat: Trick or Pete
- It's Pumpkin Day, Mouse!
- Construction Site Gets a Fright!
- The Good, the Bad, and the Spooky
- National Geographic Kids: Halloween
Happy Halloween & Happy Reading
Don't forget to follow me on instagram @endlessimagination_camille for more educational activities!