“A book is a gift that you can open again and again”- Garrison Keillor
This is such a fun tradition that you can start with your family to instill the love of reading during Christmas time!
How do we set this up?
It’s SIMPLE and FUN!
Wrap 12 books and open one each day until Christmas!
My girls get so excited to open each book and want to read it as soon as they see it. Reading is one of my favorite ways to spend time with my girls so this tradition is definitely one of my favorite ways to countdown to Christmas.
Here is a list of Christmas/Winter books that we love! These books were placed on this list because they contain reading elements that are perfect for children. You can find books on this list that are funny, interactive, have beautiful illustrations, books that rhyme, and books that have repetition and are predictable!
These books are linked below!
Amazon Associate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
- Poke- A- Dot: The Night Before Christmas
- Turkey Clause by Wendi Silvano
- If You Take A Mouse To The Movies by Laura Numeroff
- Little Blue Truck’s Christmas by Alice Schertle
- The Very Hungry Caterpillars Christmas 123 by Eric Carle
- Baby Touch and Feel Christmas by DK Publishing
- Pete the Cat Saves Christmas by James Dean and Eric Litwin
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Llama llama holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- The Great Reindeer Rebellion by Lisa Trumbauer
- The Christmas Pine